For decades, victims of work-related sexual misconduct have suffered in isolation, their claims often dismissed as not significant or unworthy, whether because the perpetrator was powerful, because cultural norms favored the perpetrator or because of a lack of substantiation. In mid-October of 2017, a group of tech industry representatives gathered to discuss how to shift the culture of both venture capital and tech startups to create inclusive workplaces. While the primary focus of the discussions was on improving diversity and inclusion, a question arose about how to reduce predation in work-related scenarios. One idea was that victims should be able to connect privately through a website, which would then empower them to take collective action.
Who We Are
I’m With Them is comprised of individuals with a commitment to ensuring that repeated actions of sexual harassment and assault under work-related conditions can be reduced when those subjected to them can organize. Founded by Laurie Girand and initially funded by Girand and her husband Scott McGregor, the organization has been fortunate to employ a diverse group of passionate people interested in righting social injustices.
We wish to thank the following team that helped us launch I’m With Them:
- Monica Acosta, Software Engineer
- Ayna Agarwal, Project Advisor
- Diana Arreola, Software Engineer
- Ossiris Avalos, Graphic Designer
- Daniel Chiu, Chiubaka Technologies
- Emmeline dePillis, Professor of Management, University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Kim Jennings, Imajen Consulting
- William Lederer, CIEX
And More Thank Yous
In addition, we were fortunate to have the advice, counsel and connections of many other individuals. We would also like to thank:
- Madonna Bolano, Group VP/CHRO, Applied Materials
- Lauren Elmore, OVW Grant Project Coordinator, EmPOWER Center, Scripps College
- Leigh Honeywell, CEO and Co-Founder, Tall Poppy
- Tania King, Chief Legal and Employee Experience Officer, Alorica
- Angela Martin, West Coast Communications and Head of Communications, Bloomberg Beta
- Jeff Moskow, Ready-to-Run Software
- Coretha M. Rushing, Sr. VP, Chief Resources Officer, Equifax
- The Team at Latacora
I'm With Them has the following policies.
I’m With Them charges users a non-refundable $3.00 fee for registering at the I’m With Them site. This defrays the cost of authentication and helps to defray the cost of maintaining the website. Once the User has registered, they are not charged again, regardless of the number of perpetrators or events they log. The cost to refund the fee would exceed any revenues I'm With Them accrued in assessing the fee, which is why the fee is nonrefundable.
Terms and Conditions
The website I’m With Them, a California Non-Profit Corporation (“the Company” or “we”), provides a platform which enables the Company to achieve its mission to reduce sexual misconduct by connecting victims of sexual misconduct by a common perpetrator and empowering them to take coordinated action. Continue